Become a Communication-Pro in a tropical hotspot
A large part of conservation involves raising awareness about important environmental and sustainability issues. To do this effectively requires conservation marketing. Use this internship to learn how to champion current and future customers whilst benefiting society and the environment.
For this unique, one-of-a-kind internship, we collaborate with our conservation partner Ecoteer, a member of the Fuze-Ecoteer family in Malaysia. You will be working to promote their volunteering and conservation projects in Malaysia.
Let our past interns tell you about the experiences they’ve had, in the video below
What's in it for you
Work alongside fantastic people who are equally passionate about conservation, helping them to raise awareness and promote their amazing programmes. Travel around Malaysia to work on marine, rainforest and community conservation projects in stunning destinations such as the Perhentian Islands and Merapoh. Plus see the sights of Kuala Lumpur whilst based at our marketing intern accommodation. Develop both marketing and conservation skills to enhance your CV plus enjoy a wealth of additional benefits.
Skills for your CV, with training and mentoring from your personal Marketing Coach.
- Excellent communication skills used to influence and inform
- Understanding of branding and positioning
- Content creation for specific target audiences, including blogging
- Website maintenance using wordpress
- Social media marketing and management using Hootsuite
- Competency creating email campaigns in MailChimp
- Knowledge and implementation of SEO optimisation (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Setting SMART goals and monitoring progress
- Efficient time management and excellent organisation skills, working to set deadlines and travelling between a number of project sites
- Practical experience in conservation; marine, rainforest and community
What we need from you
For this role you’ll need to meet a few requirements and be committed and passionate to learn about conservation marketing.
- Strong interest in conservation and acquiring professional marketing skills
- Highly organised and ability to work to a schedule
- Team player but also comfortable working independently
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable. Ability to use initiative
- IT competency
- Good level of English, verbal and written
What you need to pay for
Apart from all the skills, benefits and fun, there are a few expenses that will be for your own account
- Flights to and from Malaysia
- Training and mentoring fee of £100 a month
- Visa costs
- Non-work related travel in Malaysia
- Additional food and drinks for your personal use